As it’s Friday we thought we would have a bit of fun today by regaling you with the most weird and wonderful car facts the good old internet has to offer.
Did you know????
- The inventor of cruise control was blind
- Once, as an April Fool’s joke, Audi advertised a car with a built-in rice cooker in Japan.
- It would take less than 6 months to get to the moon by car, based on an average speed of 60 mph.
- 16% of people never wash their car. They better watch out if they live in Russia, where driving around in a dirty car is illegal!
- In racing, Nissan used the number 23 because in Japanese the number 2 translates to Ni and the number 3 translates to San. So 23 translates to ni-san.
- The dashboard was originally a piece of wood on the front of a horse-drawn carriage which stopped the driver getting spattered with mud.
- In 1941 Henry Ford produced a car entirely manufactured out of soya beans.
- An airbag takes only 40 milliseconds to deflate.
- Windscreen wipers were invented by a woman (Mary Anderson, in 1905)
- If horsepower is measured in watts of torque per minute, an actual horse only produces 0.7 horsepower.
- The highest mileage recorded to date was on a Mercedes owned by a Greek taxi driver.
- That unique “new car” smell is made up of 50 non-toxic organic compounds.
- It takes on average 25 hours to build a car, 10 of which are spent on the paint job.
- 75% of cars that Rolls Royce have ever produced are still on the road today.
- In South Africa it is legal to attach a small flamethrower to your car to defend against carjackings.
We hope you have enjoyed our random car facts. Be sure to impress your mates with your newly-acquired car trivia over a beer this weekend!
Have a good one, from everyone at TS Garage Services.